Awasake to the world
Awasake certification criteria
※1 Secondary fermentation either within the bottle or in the tank
To be certified as Awasake, breweries need to be a member of Japan Awasake Association.
Please contact for further information regarding membership.
Product development standards
- Created from only rice, rice mold and water. (※2)
- 100% domestically grown rice is used and graded above 3 by the Agricultural Produce Inspection Law as raw material.
- The preservation of only carbon dioxide which stems from the natural fermentation during brewing. (※3)
- Outward appearance is clearly transparent and bubbles form after it is uncorked and poured.
- Alcohol content is 10% or more.
- Gas pressure is 3.5 bars (0.35 megapascals) or more at 20°C.(※3)